Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Coming to you LIVE from Rainy London!

Hello everybody *waves from the other side of the world*

The flight was uneventful: my ipod saved me from eternal boredom and saved Neil from me ;-)

Mel and Dan met us at Heathrow early Sunday morning and I fell in love with London on the way home in the car. Richmond is BEAUTIFUL. It is the perfect match to the picture of London this british-literature-raised girl has in her head. It is a bit far out of town though for us, so we are looking at places to rent a bit closer in.

Monday we met up with Kate and went shopping. Imagine twenty Burke St malls end to end with about 100 times the people and you have Oxford street. It was awesome! We had to get Neil suits and shoes for his interview on Tuesday, visit my teaching agency (who then sent us to the bank to set up accounts) and check out the area Neil was heading for in the morning (Tower Hill - gorgeous) so we wouldn't get lost. We ended up getting home at about 7pm very tired and footsore but with a reasonable understanding of the tube system and a bit of a grasp of London geography.

On Tuesday Neil had his interview with Barclay's Bank and was offered a job within a few hours! With that everything is falling into place and we can start moving on things like budgets, travel and finding somewhere to live.

We really haven't done anything touristy yet I'm sorry and there are no photos until I get my laptop going, but bear with us - this blog will become more interesting I promise :-D

We're off to Paris tomorrow for a couple of days, will let you know how it goes (yeah, I know, it's a hard life, hehe)

Ciao!

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Maybe a photo of you both on London Bridge or with a pigeon (or a squirrel) will convince me it is really true.
And I'm looking forward to seeing Neil with a furled umbrella and a bowler hat ;-)

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger dianemulholland said...

You might be waiting a while for that one ;-)

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys, sounds like you're getting set up easily. Until my sister tells me how I shall be anonymous, but I'm enjoying being part of your life over there.
Never did get to Paris. cheers Auntie Liz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home